Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Reaching out...

It's never easy to adopt someone's else problem as your own...as much as you try not to, as much as you try to blind your heart to their plight which does not concern you...but when that someone is someone you care about so much, it's hard to stand by and watch him suffers however strong and wise he is.

It's not that i'm heartless enough to want my friends to be in the position that i was in some many months ago. It's not that I think it is such a fantastic company to work in. It's so far from it. But when there are fantastic people in it whom you know you just do not want to lose touch ever (after getting to know them and get thru the trials, hassles and above all, laughter and joy with them), you know deep down, you just cannot simply walk away...

Apart from the asshole that's like a malicious tumour growing in the company (it's interesting to note it exists due to internal causes e.g ties) there is so much potential in the rest of its people that it is such a waste not to lend a helping hand. And tonight, while talking to these people who matters so much to me, who have been with me for what, 1.5 years, it just seems to dawn on me as though fate is pointing me to that direction.

No, I never consider coming back there, I've made my mark, I've triumphed and moved on so long ago...but hmm, maybe there is a change in the air, their air...I can so smell it...even if it may be a tad poisonous...but like they always say, sometimes eating poison is the only cure.

Above all, I know now this is where I want to be. to make a difference in the lives of others who try so hard just to be like any of us. it sounds noble, it sounds so idealistic, but insyallah, I will overcome all of it, hand-in-hand with these people whose lives I will soon be a part of.

It's not a job, It's a calling. And no, I'm not joining the home team or the army. not yet anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home