Hope
Tonight, I am blessed to have been shown a role-model of whom i yearn to call 'dad'. He is my uncle. Despite never will I call him 'dad', I am blessed that Allah SWT has granted me my wish, even if it is only for awhile.What did he do? Every little whisper of what my heart has always yearned. A father who guides, who shows, who cares, not just for me, for my mother too.
The evening was one of surprise. After my real dad left for work, I was all huddled up for an evening nap, pillow and all, in an attempt to clear away my concussion and persistent headaches (yep, they're still lingering after a week).
My uncle came, with his family. & with supplications of tajwid documents that his mother-in-law gave him. & he showed me the depth of it, of which i had learnt only the basics from my religious class.
and he showed me the doa my mother and I should learn, for the good of ourselves.
and he made me navigated, or rather, hooked onto the media of the doas and all that. and i wasn't pretending. because deep in my heart, i know this is a rare opportunity to learn of akhirat knowledge, maybe not from someone i called dad, but someone close to me anyway, a relative, my uncle.
so for the rest of the evening, i embraced the opportunity to learn to fly.
even more, he made me cook hahaha. something that my father don't even dare to do, much less go near a hot oven.
I should not be socially comparing, but this is human nature. Judgments and beliefs, we do them all day long. As much as we deny.
All I can say, 'thank you'. Because he, my uncle, gave me hope and showed me by being himself, that even though my father may not be as ideal as I want, it doesn't mean that I am deprived any less.
I just have to open my heart more. with faith.
Anyway, without my father, I would not be around in the 1st place.
It is one fact undeniable. & I should be grateful, instead of wanting more.
Everything, everyone, every moment and every challenge - it is a blessing, a ramp for us to embrace and ascent higher, insya allah, nearer to Allah's love.
We just have to look harder within our hearts. & count our blessings with what we already have, rather than what we desire.
B'cos, Allah SWT, he does hear our prayers, our little prayers, cries and desires, even if they're locked deep within our hearts.
Subhanallah.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home