Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I figured out why I love the way I love. Another conversation, some time on.

Place: 313 Somerset
Time: Lunch
Topics: Life, love, religion, dalai lama, mother teresa, confucius, stock markets...etc

Her: "We're having this argument again and we'll never be able to reach a compromise.Haha!"

Him: "Yea."

Her:"To me, having a relationship means you, both of you become a better person through it out. Trust me, without your previous relationship, you would not have reach this perspective today."

Him:"Well, why must you be in a relationship to be a better person?"

Her:"Because life is about relationships, well at least to me."

Him:"Well, I don't like the way I am when I am in one. It makes me have an obligation to be fairer to her because she is my girlfriend. That is not fair. For example, last time my ex felt that I paid more attention to this one friend than her....For example, if she is here now and Siti is sick like now, I would pay more attention to Siti's needs. I would get her food. Then my gf, she used to, would likely complain that I did not get her food. That is not fair, because I am looking at the needs. If I have a gf, she would not understand that I am looking at Siti's needs and feels that I am being unfair to her."

(He went on for awhile, hand gestures involved. At some stage, I felt he was trying to tell me something. Well, I caught it.)
Her:"That's not fair to us girls. There will be girls who understand. She needs to know you from the start. Now, you are comparing her to the girls, towards your future relationships. Still, you would not reach this perspective if not for her. Now, you know you want something better."

Him:"Yes. Not to be in one. I don't like the person I have to become. And since I have no intention to be committed, it is better like this."

Her:"To me, you're looking at the end, which should not be the point. It is the journey that counts. For all you know, the girl leaves first, not you."


...

& that. It sets me thinking. It is the reason why I love the way I love. Because after all, I may be the one who ends up leaving first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home